KUMO 3232 offers increased capacity for larger configurations while maintaining a mere 2RU profile. Built to the same quality standards as all AJA KUMO products, KUMO 3232 is the ideal choice for any situation where a balance of size and capacity are critical such as mid-sized post facilities and mobile trucks.
$3,495 US MSRP*
* Pricing is for US only. International pricing will vary.
KUMO compact SDI routers provide powerful signal control and support full broadcast specifications over SDI, HD-SDI, and 3G-SDI, with quality that exceeds SMPTE specifications. The super-compact 1RU and 2RU and 4RU formats are just a few inches deep, making them a perfect fit for any broadcast, production, or post production environment, from mobile sports trucks and edit suites, through to corporate video installations or live theatrical A/V rigs.
KUMO SDI routers are available in four configurations: KUMO 6464 offers 64 3G-SDI inputs and outputs, KUMO 3232 supports 32 3G SDI inputs and outputs, KUMO 1616 supports 16 3G SDI inputs and outputs, and KUMO 1604 supports16 3G SDI inputs and 4 3G SDI outputs.
KUMO’s powerful cross-point routing matrix maps any input to any number of outputs without the need for additional patch panels or distribution amplifiers. Use KUMO as an affordable distribution amplifier by routing a single input to all outputs. Used in this way, a KUMO 3232 can take the place of multiple distribution amplifiers.
As 4K workflows continue to gain ground, KUMO routers can grow as you do. With a simple setting change, KUMO routers can be configured for ganged dual and quad port routing, allowing users to group together multiple inputs and outputs for Dual Link, 4K and UltraHD workflows. This allows seamless routing of uncompressed or RAW 4K and UltraHD signals throughout a production or post facility. Then switch the router back to HD/SD operation as needed, giving you the flexibility to route virtually any format in your facility.
New salvos support simplifies switching operations by recalling multiple sources to specific destinations. Salvos are stored in a KUMO router and can be recalled via the KUMO router’s Web UI, GVG Native Protocol over Ethernet, RS-232, and/or the AJA KUMO CP2 Salvos buttons.
Eight Salvos can be configured and stored in each KUMO router. Salvos allow the operator to quickly recall predefined sources to specific destinations configurations with a simple button press.
Designed for critical broadcast, production and post environments, KUMO routers are built to AJA standards that exceed SMPTE specifications. The use of premium components coupled with dual redundant power supplies ensures the highest signal quality and maximum uptime even in the unexpected event of a power supply failure.
Running Embedded Linux, KUMO routers are network-ready and support powerful HTTP control and monitoring via a web browser - without the need for any additional software.
KUMO's auto-detect Bonjour™/Zeroconf protocols mean that network configuration is automatic, just connect KUMO to your network or a computer and the system will self-configure, ready for use. Alternatively, standard network configuration allows access to each KUMO via its default IP address. Once connected to KUMO using a web browser, you can configure the full TCP/IP settings, select and name KUMO routers, name sources and destinations, and perform all operational functions.
KUMO routers are easily integrated with existing infrastructure utilizing the industry-standard Grass Valley Native Protocol over RS-422 or even Ethernet. Ethernet network connectivity also allows you to control all KUMO routers from any web browser on a network-connected device, ensuring you have the control you need from any location.
KUMO CP is an optional 1RU control panel that can be used in standalone or networked configurations.
Connecting via Ethernet to the same network as the KUMO routers, KUMO CP enables full control from any location without the need for a computer. Up to four KUMO routers can be controlled from a single control panel.
KUMO CP2 is an optional 2RU control panel that can be used in standalone or networked configurations.
Connecting via Ethernet to the same network as KUMO routers, KUMO CP2 enables full control from any location without the need for a computer. Up to four KUMO routers can be controlled from a single control panel.
Whether you’re building a mobile truck, edit suites or an AV flypack, get the routing capabilities you need at a price that fits well within your budget. And KUMO routers are so affordable they can even be used in place of traditional DAs to distribute signals to multiple locations. KUMO routers provide an incredible price/performance ratio while still maintaining the highest quality standards.
• 270Mbps, 1.5Gbps, 3Gbps SDI, SMPTE-259/292/424
• 270Mbps DVB-ASI
• Format agnostic, 10Mbps-3Gbps
• 3G-SDI Inputs
• 32 x BNC
• 3G-SDI Outputs
• 32 x BNC
• Up to 8 Salvos can be configured and saved in each KUMO router
• 3Gbps, up to 140m using Belden 1694A
• 1.5Gbps, up to 200m using Belden 1694A
• 270Mbps, up to 400m using Belden 1694A
• Automatic operation
• 270Mbps, 1.483Gbps, 1,485Gbps, 2.966Gbps, 2.970Gbps
• Automatic rate selection
• Automatic reclocker bypass
• Single, Dual, and Quad link modes
• Switches in vertical blanking per SMPTE RP-168
• AJA KUMO CP – 1RU X-Y Ethernet control panel
• AJA KUMO CP2 – 2RU X-Y Ethernet control panel
• External, 2 x BNC
• Looping, nonterminating
• Blackburst or tri-level sync
• 1 x RJ-45, 10/100/1000 Ethernet
• Supports AJA KUMO Ethernet control panels, direct connect or networked
• Grass Valley Native Protocol
• Embedded web server for remote control
• 1 x DB-9 Female, RS-422
• Grass Valley Native Protocol
• 9-pin D-connector pinout is as follows:
• 2RU - 17.4" x 1.5" x 3.5" (482.6mm x 38.1mm x 89.0mm)
• 4.6 lb (2.1 kg)
• 10-14 VDC regulated, 18 W typ, 43.2W max, power supply required, included with purchase
• AC Adapter: 100-240VAC, 50/60 Hz, universal input
• Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)