Directs engineering design team in development projects throughout the entire cycle from initial concept through successful completion. May manage several projects at once. Works closely with engineering teams to keep projects on schedule. Coordinates activities between engineering, quality assurance, product management, and manufacturing. Responsible for meeting project deadlines of teams within department. Must be on-site during normal business hours, or remote until COVID-19 concerns diminish. Responsible for championing the AJA engineering culture which emphasizes creativity, teamwork, tenacity, empathy, critical thinking, and helping others.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in overall project management.
- Prioritize, plan and track project(s) progress. Provide weekly status reports to VP of Engineering.
- Provide project direction and ensure effective teamwork and collaboration.
- Initiate and conduct formal progress review meetings.
- Provide technical guidance and consultation to project team members, contractors, and vendors.
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
- Evaluate performance of team members who are direct reports.
- Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and engineering specifications for projects within department.
- Liaison between engineering, quality assurance, product management, customer support and manufacturing departments.
- Provide leadership to engineering team.
- Responsible for hiring, development and performance management of department.
- Must be available outside normal business hours if business conditions require it.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in embedded Linux applications.
- Must have the technical depth and breadth to identify the necessary technical resources and expertise required to complete project(s).
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and manage engineering teams.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Organized and adept at identifying technical and operational issues and able to make sound and timely decisions to resolve issues.
- Understands the industry and keeps abreast of new technologies and competitor’s products.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines that may extend work hours.
- Willingness to adhere to company policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 10+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 12+ years related experience with at least 5 years of project management experience.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org