The HA5-Fiber converts a HDMI input to 3G-SDI over single mode 1310 nm fiber optic cable (ST-style fiber connector) for transporting HDMI sources over fiber. The small form factor enables this Mini-Converter to easily fit onto the back of a camera or neatly behind an equipment rack.
Embedded 8-Channel audio is supported in the fiber output allowing a convenient single cable audio/video connection up to 10km. The HA5-Fiber also provides 2-Channel RCA style audio inputs for a stereo audio input when needed.
AJA’s free Mini-Config software can be used with any USB-enabled AJA Mini-Converter and provides an easy-to-use graphical interface with detailed information about the current input and output formats. Control all the parameters of any supported AJA Mini-Converter as well as loading firmware updates from AJA that add new features and functionality.
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a universal power supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
Information on the complete line of AJA Mini-Converters is now available as a mobile app on iOS. The Mini-Converter product line is extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your Mini-Converter installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
Mini-Converter products are covered by a generous five year warranty. Please see the individual Product’s Manual for additional specifics around warranty conditions for the product itself.
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 1080i 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 720p 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i
• (SD) 625p
• (SD) 576p
• (SD) 525i
• (SD) 525p
• (SD) 480p
NOTE: HDCP content not supported
• (HD) 1080i 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080p 50, 59.94, 60 - SMPTE 425-1 Level A mapping structure 1 (1920 x 1080 4:2:2 10-bit YCbCr)
• (HD) 720p 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i 25
• (SD) 525i 29.97
• HDMI with embedded audio, up to 8-Channels
• Single mode optical fiber, ST connector supporting SMPTE-259/292/424 3G/HD/SD-SDI
• 2-Channel RCA style analog audio (-10dBu nominal)
• SDI embedded audio
• Wavelength: 1310nm
• Output Power: -2dBm typical
• 4.4” × 2.4” × 1.0” (112mm × 61mm × 25mm)
• 0.3 lb (0.2 kg)
• Uses AJA power supply model DWP-U-R1, included with purchase
• 100-240V, 50/60 Hz universal input
• +5V DC regulated, 4.5 watts
• Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)