- Where to buy
AJA’s ROI-SDI Scan Converter allows exceptionally high quality conversion and extraction of a Region of Interest (ROI) from a 3G-SDI input to 3G-SDI and HDMI mirrored outputs at an affordable price in a very portable form factor. With incredible image scaling, extensive aspect ratio conversion and audio functionality, ROI-SDI fulfills the growing need to customize video signals for a range of display and SDI workflow needs without sacrificing budget or space.
Rotate source signals, customize a portion of an image or reframe the source image to extend the creative options for what’s been captured in camera.
Connecting a ROI-SDI Mini-Converter via USB to a computer running the free Mini-Config application lets you interactively select a Region of Interest from the original signal and have full control over how that region is scaled to the output resolution using AJA’s high quality scaling algorithms for the cleanest picture quality possible.
Take full control of aspect ratio conversion with on-screen controls in the Mini-Config software that show you exactly what your source and output will look like and what formats are coming in and going out. Simple menu controls let you quickly choose the proper output for any situation.
The output will be mirrored to both the 3G-SDI and HDMI outputs for simultaneous delivery to multiple displays or continuing signal paths.
ROI-SDI utilizes a direct 3G-SDI loop through, allowing it to be placed in-line so you still have a connection to an external monitor while extracting to both 3G-SDI and HDMI. The reference input ensures the 3G-SDI signal out of ROI is locked for use throughout a production or facility.
ROI-SDI accepts 8-Channel embedded audio from an 3G-SDI input. The audio source and routing can be selected in the Mini-Config software and is embedded in the 3G-SDI and HDMI outputs. ROI-SDI also features a stereo RCA output for simple monitoring needs.
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a universal power supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
All AJA Mini-Converters are covered by a 5 year warranty and AJA's advanced replacement policy. If a replacement is necessary, AJA will ship a new unit immediately without the need to send the original unit back first, ensuring you are up and running again as quickly as possible.
Information on the complete line of AJA Mini-Converters is now available as a mobile app on iOS. The Mini-Converter product line is extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
• (HD) 1920 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 1920 x 1080i 25, 29.97, 30
• (SD) 1280 x 720p 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i 25
• (SD) 525i 29.97
• Supported reference video inputs include:
• 1080i tri-level sync
• 1080p tri-level sync
• 720p tri-level sync
• 625i Color Black
• 525i Color Black
• 1 x 3G-SDI BNC, SMPTE-259/292/424
• 1 x 3G-SDI BNC, loop through
• 1 x 3G-SDI BNC, SMPTE-259/292/424
• 1 x HDMI Type A, HDMI v1.4
• ROI does not encode the HDMI output with HDCP encryption
• SDI embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-Channel
• HDMI embedded audio, 24-bit, 2-Channel or 8-Channel
• 2 x Analog RCA Jack, 2-Channel
• USB port used with supplied cable and Mini-Config software application to configure device via Mac or Windows
• 5.765" x 4.02" x 0.9" (146.431mm x 102.108mm x 22.86mm)
• 0.6 lb (0.3 kg)
• Uses AJA power supply model DWP-U-R1 (included with purchase)
• 100-240V, 50/60 Hz universal input
• 5-20V DC regulated, 7 watts max
• Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)