Bring HDMI and 3G-SDI devices together for a full range of monitoring and recording solutions in the edit suite, on set or at live events. Convenient USB setup using AJA MiniConfig on Mac or PC for easy remote configuration.
$395 US MSRP*
* Pricing is for US only. International pricing will vary.
Hi5-Plus is AJA’s next generation SDI-to-HDMI Mini-Converter for integrating HDMI monitors into professional SDI workflows
When used with a compatible HDMI monitor, Hi5-Plus outputs a 30-bit Deep Color RGB signal that allows for incredible color representation.
The 3G-SDI input on Hi5-Plus allows extremely high-quality signal representation through to the HDMI output for use with RGB workflows where image quality is critical.
Up to 16-channels of embedded SDI audio are supported on input and can be passed to 8-channel of embedded HDMI audio on the output with the ability to delay the audio from 0 to 7 frames for proper synchronization with the output video. Two channels of analog audio output allow direct external monitoring without the need to disembed the audio separately.
HDMI monitors do not natively support PsF signals. However, many professional productions still work with PsF formats. Hi5-Plus converts incoming 1080PsF signals to 1080p. This progressive signal is compatible with HDMI monitors.
AJA’s free Mini-Config software can be used with any USB-enabled AJA Mini-Converter and provides an easy-to-use graphical interface with detailed information about the current input and output formats. Control all the parameters of any supported AJA Mini-Converter as well as loading firmware updates from AJA that add new features and functionality.
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a universal power supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your Mini-Converter installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
Mini-Converter products are covered by a generous five year international warranty.
Information on the complete line of AJA Mini-Converters is now available as a mobile app on iOS. The Mini-Converter product line is extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
• (2K) 2K x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• (2K) 2K x 1080PsF* 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080i 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 1080PsF* 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 720p 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i
• (SD) 525i
*NOTE: converts to progressive
• 3G-SDI with embedded audio
• HDMI with embedded audio up to 8-Channels
(selectable by Mini-Config)
• 8-bit RGB 4:4:4
• 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:2
• SDI embedded audio, select from 16-Channels
• 2-Channel RCA style (-10dBu nominal)
• 4.6” × 2.4” × 1.0” (117mm × 61mm × 25mm)
• Uses AJA power supply model DWP-U-R1, included with purchase
• 100-240V, 50/60 Hz universal input
• +5V DC regulated, 7.5 watt capacity
• Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)