AJA Unveils KUMO 3232-12G and KUMO 1616-12G Routers
Flexible, cost-efficient 12G-SDI routing for high resolution, high frame rate and deep color productions
April 9, 2018
Las Vegas, NV, NAB Conference, Stand SL2505 (April 9, 2018)—AJA Video Systems today introduced KUMO 3232-12G and KUMO 1616-12G, two new compact 12G-SDI routers. KUMO 3232-12G offers 32x 12G-SDI inputs and 32x 12G-SDI outputs, and the KUMO 1616-12G offers 16x 12G-SDI inputs and 16x 12G-SDI outputs. Designed for use in broadcast, production and ProAV environments, the new routers support large format resolutions, and high frame rate (HFR) and deep color formats, while reducing cable runs when transporting 4K/UltraHD over SDI. The routers offer network-based and/or physical control, and mirror the compact physical form of AJA’s production-proven KUMO 3232 and KUMO 1616 routers, adding a new USB port for configuring IP addresses via AJA’s eMini-Setup software. Multi-port Gang-routing also means the new 12G-SDI models are 8K ready.
Key feature highlights include:
- 12G-SDI inputs and outputs for up to 4K/UltraHD support at 60p
- Small, portable 2RU (3232) and 1RU (1616) form factors
- Single cable support for streamlined 4K/UltraHD signal routing
- Redundant power supply option
- Configure and save up to eight salvos per router
- Auto re-clocking SDI rates: 270 Mbps /1.483/1.485/2.967/2.970/5.934/5.940/ 11.868/11.880 Gbps
- Support for AJA KUMO Control Panels (hardware, with direct connect or networked)
- USB port to easily configure the router IP address and simplify initial network configurations
- Embedded web server for remote control on any standard web browser
- 5-year warranty and support
“4K/UltraHD, HFR and deep color workflows have introduced new challenges for professionals and facilities by requiring more bandwidth, so we’ve expanded our line of KUMO routers to the latest 12G-SDI standard,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “KUMO 3232-12G and KUMO 1616-12G pack the throughput and single cable simplicity of 12G-SDI into a compact router with a very high-density for 4K/UltraHD sources and destinations.”
Pricing and Availability
KUMO 3232-12G will be available July 2018 for $3995 US MSRP, and KUMO 1616-12G will be available June 2018 for $2495 US MSRP. For more information, visit: https://www.aja.com/family/kumo.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
Raz Public Relations, LLC