AJA’s New RovoCam Integrated UltraHD/HD Camera with HDBaseT Delivers Single Cable Support for Video, Audio, Control, and Power
February 8, 2016
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, ISE Conference, Stand 8-R235 (February 9, 2016)— AJA Video Systems today announced RovoCam, the company’s first compact block camera for industrial, corporate, security, ProAV and broadcast applications. Gorgeous UltraHD and HD imagery is captured with superior Sony optics with built-in 12x optical and up to 20x zoom with Sony Super Resolution Zoom. What sets RovoCam apart from other cameras in its category is an integrated HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, power, stereo audio and RS-232 control over a single CAT 5e/6 cable running at lengths of up to 100 meters. Delivering this much functionality and power with single cable connectivity dramatically simplifies installation, camera setup and footprint requirements.
RovoCam is built around Sony’s 4K FCB-ER8300 Functional Camera Block featuring the back illuminated CMOS sensor technology and Sony image processing for excellent performance. Reliable, practical and compactly encased in rugged and durable aluminum, RovoCam’s small and light form factor allows simple mounting in a wide range of scenarios. RovoRx-HDMI, the companion receiver unit, offers the simplest integration for RovoCam with an HDMI output, and all video/audio signals, power, and control over HDBaseT. RovoCam is also compatible with select third party receivers.
“Sony is proud to have collaborated with AJA on their innovative new RovoCam system development using the 4K FCB-ER8300 Functional Camera Block. We anticipate RovoCam will find homes in many ancillary video capture applications within the broadcast, content creation, security, corporate campus, and remote learning vertical markets,” commented John Monti, Director, Sony Visual Imaging Solutions.
“AJA has always been known for supporting open standards with highly functional, flexible and reliable technologies, and the release of RovoCam continues this trend. Marrying our HDBaseT interface technology with Sony’s compact 4K camera delivers incredibly powerful camera acquisition with very simple single cable setup and operation,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “We’ve partnered closely with Sony for many years and RovoCam comes as the latest in a long line of collaborations with them.”
- HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, stereo audio, control and power over a single CAT 5e/6 cable
- “4K” UltraHD and HD resolutions
- 1/2.3 type 8.9 megapixel back illuminated CMOS sensor
- Integrated zoom lens, 12x optical (20x with Super Resolution Zoom)
- Integrated image processor with extensive automatic and/or manual control
- Additional on-camera power and RS-232 connections for maximum flexibility
- Supports Sony VISCA camera control
- Stereo mic input supporting PiP power
- Machined aluminum case with standard mounting options on each side
- Compatible with Sony’s SNCUNIHB/1 outdoor housing
- HDBaseT receiver supporting video, stereo audio, control and power over a single CAT 5e/6 cable
- UltraHD and HD resolutions
- 1 x “4K” UltraHD/HD HDMI output
- 1 x RCA audio output
- 1 x USB for firmware updates and additional control
- 1 x RS-232 output
Pricing and Availability
RovoCam will be available soon through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for a US MSRP of $2495.00. RovoRX-HDMI will be available for a US MSRP of $495.00. For more information about RovoCam, visit https://www.aja.com/en/products/rovocam.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.