AJA Announces Ki Pro Mini, Portable File-Based Recorder at IBC 2010
September 10, 2010
Miniature 10-bit 4:2:2 flash disk recorder mounts easily on digital cameras and accessories
Amsterdam, Netherlands, IBC Conference Stand 7.F11 - AJA Video Systems brought production and post one step closer together today with the introduction of Ki Pro Mini, a smaller, lighter version of its breakthrough portable tapeless recorder that captures to the Apple ProRes 422 codec directly from camera. The highly portable Ki Pro Mini flash disk recorder mounts easily to digital cameras and accessories, enabling it to fit unobtrusively in small spaces for on-set capture of 10-bit 4:2:2 files that are immediately ready for editing.
Ki Pro Mini offers a small form factor, support for SDI & HDMI cameras and key features including:
- 10-bit full-raster recording to Apple ProRes 422 SD and HD formats (including HQ, LT and Proxy)
- Recording of SD/HD files from digital video cameras to Compact Flash (CF) cards
- Mac OS X friendly media and native QuickTime files--no log-and-capture required
- Professional video connectivity through SD/HD SDI and HDMI I/O
- 2 channels of balanced XLR audio with switch selectable line/mic levels
- 8 channels of embedded digital audio over SDI and HDMI
- Flexible control options including familiar front panel and web browser interfaces
- Optional Ki Pro Mini Mounting Plates that attach to hot shoes, battery plates and virtually any other accessory bracket
- Aircraft-grade aluminum construction that delivers light weight and maximum ruggedness
Ki Pro Mini supports a streamlined Apple file-based production-to-post workflow, recording native Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime files onto CF cards, which are formatted as HFS+ volumes that are instantly connected to a Mac computer via off-the-shelf CF card readers.
“Anywhere a camera can go, Ki Pro Mini can follow,” said AJA President Nick Rashby. “It’s smaller than some battery packs and mounts to virtually everything. We designed Ki Pro Mini for any sized production that needs seamless 10-bit file-based acquisition-- it’s about extreme portability and going from lens to post in a flash.”
Ki Pro Mini is planned for availability in October and US MSRP is $1995. For a complete set of features and technical specifications, please visit www.aja.com.About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion and Desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website www.aja.com.