AJA T-TAP™ for Thunderbolt™-enabled Workflows Now Available
September 7, 2012
Grass Valley, CA - AJA Video Systems today announced that T-TAP™, its compact, lightweight HD-SDI and HDMI Thunderbolt™-powered video device launched at NAB, is now shipping. AJA's T-TAP allows video professionals to leverage the power of Thunderbolt to deliver high-quality video and embedded audio output from any compatible Mac system.
T-TAP's simple, single Thunderbolt cable connectivity for both power and data enables easy setup for video professionals. The highly-portable device supports everything from SD to HD to 2K and muxed 3D with pristine 10-bit quality, even over HDMI, and all with 8-channel embedded audio. It also includes AJA's renowned Mac drivers and software for integrated compatibility with major software packages from Apple, Adobe, Avid and many more.
Key T-TAP features include:
• High-speed Thunderbolt connectivity
• 10-bit uncompressed 4:2:2 video and embedded audio output
• HD/SD-SDI and HDMI connectivity supports simultaneous output at incredible 10-bit quality
• 3D support on HDMI and SDI for real time muxed stereoscopic review without requiring additional hardware
• Full 8-channel embedded audio allows for multi-channel playback
• Powered via Thunderbolt connector so no additional power supply required
• AJA Mac driver and proven software compatibility
• Backed by AJA's quality, reliability and 3-year international warranty
T-TAP is now available through AJA's network of worldwide resellers at a US MSRP of $295. For a complete set of features and technical specifications, please visit www.aja.com.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion, acquisition and desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information visit www.aja.com.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.