- Where to buy
AJA's Hi5-4K Mini-Converter provides a simple monitoring connection from professional 4K devices using 4 SDI outputs to new displays with 4K-capable HDMI inputs. The Hi5-4K can now generate HDR metadata in accordance with HDMI v2.0a/CTA-861.3. Hi5-4K is a single, highly-portable device that allows more affordable monitoring solutions in professional workflows. The Hi5-4K-Plus can also generate HDR metadata in accordance with HDMI v2.0a/CTA-861.3.
The latest generation of affordable 4K monitors utilize an HDMI connection, which allows a full 4K signal to be passed over a single cable. Typical professional 4K workflows use four SDI cables to carry the full resolution image, making it difficult to incorporate these newer monitors. Hi5-4K is an easy-to-use converter that bridges the gap between these two worlds for seamless integration.
Up to 8-channels of embedded audio in the incoming SDI signal are carried through seamlessly into the HDMI output, ensuring your audio is always in sync and can be easily played back on the connected monitor.
Typical 4K signals use a resolution of 4096x2160 pixels while UltraHD signals measure 3840x2160. This difference can prevent some monitors from being used either in full 4K workflows or in UltraHD workflows. Hi5-4K can compensate for these resolution differences, allowing UltraHD monitors to be used in 4K productions and vice versa.
Hi5-4K also supports High Frame Rate (HFR) inputs. 4K/UHD signals at 50 or 60 fps can be fed into Hi5-4K and will be output via the 4K HDMI at 25 or 30 fps, allowing viewing of 4K HFR images on standard consumer 4K monitors.
HDR or High Dynamic Range, provides the ability to display a wider and richer range of colors, much brighter whites, and much deeper, darker blacks than standard signals allow. This gives your imagery a more ‘dynamic’ look and allows for natural true to life colors to be communicated to your audience.
Hi5-4K Plus provides this support for your 4K/UltraHD/HD HDR pipelines to HDMI compatible displays by generating HDR metadata in accordance with HDMI v2.0a/CTA-861.3.
Not every job is a 4K job. When you're not working in 4K, Hi5-4K can still be a useful tool for converting HD-SDI to HDMI. A single HD-SDI signal coming into the Hi5-4K will be sent out as an HD resolution HDMI signal, much like AJA's Hi5-3G Mini-Converter.
AJA’s free Mini-Config software can be used with any USB-enabled AJA Mini-Converter and provides an easy-to-use graphical interface with detailed information about the current input and output formats. Control all the parameters of any supported AJA Mini-Converter as well as loading firmware updates from AJA that add new features and functionality.
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a universal power supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
All AJA Mini-Converters are covered by a 5 year warranty and AJA's advanced replacement policy. If a replacement is necessary, AJA will ship a new unit immediately without the need to send the original unit back first, ensuring you are up and running again as quickly as possible.
Information on the complete line of AJA Mini-Converters is now available as a mobile app on iOS. The Mini-Converter product line is extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
4K inputs supported
• 4 x 1.5GHz SDI:
• (2K) 4 x 2048 x 1080p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
• (2K) 4 x 2048 x 1080PsF, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
• (HD) 4 x 1920 x 1080p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 4 x 1920 x 1080PsF, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• 2 x dual stream 3 GHz SDI (level B):
• (2K) 2 x 2 x 2048 x 1080p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
• (2K) 2 x 2 x 2048 x 1080PsF, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
• (HD) 2 x 2 x 1920 x 1080p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 2 x 2 x 1920 x 1080PsF, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• 4 x 3 GHz SDI:
• (2K) 4 x 2048 x 1080p, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24
• (2K) 4 x 2048 x 1080PsF, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24
• (HD) 4 x 1920 x 1080p, 4:2:2, 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 4 x 1920 x 1080p, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 4 x 1920 x 1080PsF, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• HD inputs supported (4:2:2 if Single Link or 4:4:4 if Dual Link)
• (HD) 1080i 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080p 23, 24, 25, 29, 30 (4:2:2 or 4:4:4)
• (HD) 1080p 50, 59, 60 (4:2:2 only)
• (HD) 1080PsF 23, 24, 25, 29, 30 (4:2:2 or 4:4:4)
• (HD) 1080PsF 50, 59, 60 (4:2:2 only)
• (HD) 720p 50, 59, 60 (4:2:2 only)
• SD inputs Supported:
• (SD) 625i
• (SD) 525i
• 4K/3G-SDI (auto selected), 4 x BNC
• 1 x HDMI Type A connector*
• HDMI v1.4a up to 4K/UltraHDp30 4:2:2, p60 4:2:0
• HDR: Generation of Dynamic Range and Mastering Infoframe and the static metadata descriptors as defined in CTA-861.3 and HDMI v2.0a.
*NOTE: If a connected monitor doesn’t support HDMI protocol the unit automatically switches to DVI protocol (which does not pass audio)
• SDI embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-Channel
• HDMI embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-Channel
• The Hi5-4K does not encode the HDMI output with HDCP encryption. By definition, HD-SDI inputs to the Hi5-4K are unencrypted. The HDMI specification requires HDMI monitors to support unencrypted inputs
• USB port used with supplied cable and Mini-Config software application to configure device via Mac or Windows
• 5.765" x 4.020" x 0.9" (146.431mm x 102.108mm x 22.86mm)
• 5-20VDC regulated, 8 watts, power supply required, included with purchase
• Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)