- Where to buy
KONA IP is desktop video and audio I/O for professional IP based workflows. KONA IP is the next generation of AJA’s industry leading KONA line of PCIe capture and playback cards, and works with AJA's Control Room, Control Panel software and SDK tools, providing support for leading third party content creation applications. Designed as a flexible platform with support for SMPTE 2022-6 and 2022-7 uncompressed IP video, KONA IP offers you the flexibility to keep current as the IP transition proceeds.
Broadcast IP is here. Transition seamlessly with KONA IP.
KONA IP is the latest member of the venerable KONA desktop I/O product
line that users the world over have come to know and rely on.
KONA IP is designed to provide you with the familiar KONA experience
you are used to for your current 2K/HD/SD workflows and seamlessly move you into the IP stream.
KONA IP is a flexible platform, with support for today’s SMPTE 2022-6 uncompressed IP video standard, KONA IP offers the simplest path for your transition into Broadcast IP pipelines. New 2022-7 support for redundant signal reliability is now available, with more coming soon including JPEG 2000 workflows and the ability to take advantage of emerging standards in IP compression and protocols as they arise.
KONA IP has 2 x 10 GigE SFP cages for multi-channel input and or output enabling effective reception, delivery or both. Mix and match based upon your project's needs knowing you are working with the same high quality uncompressed 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 2K/HD/SD video and 16-Channel embedded audio you are accustomed to today.
KONA IP is designed as a flexible platform that supports today’s SMPTE 2022-6 IP encapsulated 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI video, audio and VANC data, SMPTE 2022-7 for redundancy protection and via future firmware updates and codec package offerings, will also support compressed codecs like J2K (JPEG 2000) and advanced IP protocols including VSF TR-04, VSF TR-03 and more.
KONA IP's extensible architecture ensures that as time moves on, you will be able to adapt and adopt codec options and more, as KONA IP offers firmware update capabilities common to all KONA cards.
Your transition to IP pipelines with KONA IP is supported by leading NLE, Compositing and Streaming applications and utilizes the same AJA software tools you know and love like AJA Control Room, AJA Control Panel and AJA Plug-Ins for third party software.
KONA IP also includes a Downstream Keyer with support for graphics with alpha channel over video, matte or framebuffer, or framebuffer content over incoming video or matte, perfect for the needs of live IP delivery.
IP makes distance a non-issue, now you can edit, playback and deliver from anywhere in the world that offers the bandwidth you need to tie into IP infrastructure. Ingesting, editing or playing out remotely is the new normal.
Monitor locally with KONA IP's HDMI output with support for frame rates up to 60p on cost effective HDMI displays wherever you are.
HDR or High Dynamic Range, provides the ability to display a wider and richer range of colours, much brighter whites, and much deeper, darker blacks than standard signals allow. This gives your imagery a more ‘dynamic’ look and allows for natural true to life colours to be communicated to your audience.
KONA IP provides this support for your HD HDR pipelines to HDMI compatible displays in software v12.5 by offering HDR 10 support with HDR Infoframe metadata, in accordance with HDMI 2.0a/CTA-861.3.
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080i 25, 29.97
• (HD) 720P 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i 25
• (SD) 525i 29.97
• SMPTE 2022-6, 2022-7
• Up to 4 channels input
• SMPTE 2022-6, 2022-7
• Up to 4 channels output
• HDMI v1.4
• 30/36 bits/pixel, RGB or YUV, 2.25 Gbps
• HDR 10 Support - HDR Infoframe metadata, in accordance with HDMI 2.0a/CTA-861.3
• 16-Channel SDI embedded audio, 24-bit per channel, 48 kHz synchronous
• 16-Channel SDI embedded audio, 24-bit per channel, 48 kHz sample rate, synchronous
• 8-Channel HDMI embedded audio, 48 kHz sample rate, synchronous
• Supports graphics with alpha channel over video, matte or framebuffer, or framebuffer content over incoming video or matte
• 1 x BNC assignable to reference video or LTC input
• Analog Color Black (1V) or Composite Sync (2 or 4V)
• 8-lane PCIe 2.0
• 0.75" x 8.25" x 5.0" (19.05mm x 209.55mm x 127mm)
• 0.7 lb (0.3 kg)
• 25W typical, 27W maximum
• Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)