The Hi5 converts SDI or HD-SDI to HDMI for driving HDMI monitors. Embedded SD/HD-SDI audio is supported in the HDMI output allowing a convenient single cable audio/video connection. The Hi5 provides 2-Channel RCA style audio outputs for separate audio monitoring if needed. The Hi5 also provides a looping SD/HD-SDI output useful for connecting additional equipment, or for "daisy chaining" multiple monitors to the same SD-HD-SDI source.
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack, or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
Information on the complete line of AJA Mini-Converters is now available as a mobile app on iOS. The Mini-Converter product line is extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your Mini-Converter installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
Mini-Converter products are covered by a generous five year warranty. Please see the individual Product’s Manual for additional specifics around warranty conditions for the product itself.
• (HD) 1080i 50, 59.94, 60
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 720p 50, 59.94, 60
• (SD) 625i, 525i
• SMPTE-259/274/292/296 SD/HD-SDI, 1 x BNC
• HDMI with embedded audio, 24-bit (selectable by internal jumper: 2 or 8-Channels)
• Audio, 2-Channel RCA style outputs at -10dBu (nominal), Channel 1 and 2
• 1 Looping SD/HD-SDI output of the SDI input (75 ohm, unterminated)
• Standard Type A connector
• 8-bit RGB 4:4:4 or 10-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 (selectable by internal jumper)
• 24-bit, with 2 or 8 embedded channels (selectable by internal jumper)
• The Hi5 does not encode the HDMI output with HDCP encryption. By definition, SD/HD-SDI inputs to the Hi5 are unencrypted. The HDMI specification requires HDMI monitors to support unencrypted inputs.
• 4.6" x 2.4" x 1" (117mm x 61mm x 25mm)
• +5VDC Regulated, 3 Watts, power supply required, included with purchase
• Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)