Corvid HEVC is a PCIe 2.0 8-lane video encoder card providing real time, low-latency HEVC encoding at 4K, 1080p HD and lower resolutions. Development partners can use AJA’s powerful SDK to integrate Corvid HEVC directly into their Windows and Linux applications using a flexible API for a variety of use cases.
To get all the details on Corvid HEVC, please email our Developer Program using the More Information button below.
$4995 US MSRP*
* Pricing is for US only. International pricing will vary.
In this workflow, Corvid-HEVC accepts a baseband 4K signal via the four 3G-SDI inputs either as quadrants or sample interleaves. The embedded audio and metadata are extracted while the image is sent to the encoder. The encoded image, audio and metadata are then passed to the host system for use in the software application.
In this mode, each input is treated as a separate and independent channel. The overall processing is similar to the 4K mode, just duplicated for each incoming channel. Scaling and encoding to standard video resolutions can be performed on each channel asynchronously, allowing individual channels to stop and start at any time.
For this workflow, the incoming video is read from a file on the host system, rather than input via the hardware BNC connections on Corvid-HEVC. The image can be scaled and de-interlaced onboard before being transferred to the encoder. Up to four simultaneous, independent files can be read, decoded, scaled and encoded using a single Corvid-HEVC card.
Audio and metadata information are processsed in parallel with video HEVC encoding and passed via the SDK to the host software. This gives Corvid HEVC the unique advantage of being able to deliver all the source data to your software directly from the card instead of having to use multiple pathways.
In addition to real time encoding, Corvid HEVC can also work as a standard video capture card to bring SDI video and embedded audio into the system. All supported video input formats can be captured directly to the host system in a variety of file formats.
AJA's Developer Program allows partner companies to incorporate AJA products into their systems. By utilizing existing, proven video I/O devices, Developer Partners leverage AJA's expertise to develop and support these technologies, saving money and getting their integrated products to market more quickly.
4K (Quadrant or Sample Interleave)
• (4K) 4096 x 2160p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 48 A/B, 50 A/B, 59.94 A/B
• (UltraHD) 3840 x 2160p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 48 A/B, 50 A/B, 59.94 A/B
2K (Cropped to 1920 before encoder)
• (2K) 2048 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 48 A/B, 50 A/B, 59.94 A/B, 60 A/B
• (2K) 2048 x 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50 A/B, 59.94 A/B, 60 A/B
• (HD) 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 1080i 25, 29.97, 30
• (HD) 720p 50, 50.94, 60
• (SD) 625i 25
• (SD) 525i 29.97
NOTE: These formats are recognized by the SDI inputs of Corvid HEVC
In addition to the Video Formats, these formats are supported for file based encoding but are not recognized as SDI inputs
• (HD) 720p 24, 25, 29.97
• (SD) 625p 50
• (SD) 525i 30
• (SD) 525p 59.94, 60
• 4 x 3G-SDI BNC
• 16-Channel 24-bit SDI embedded, 48 kHz synchronous
• HEVC Profile
• Main/Main 10
• HEVC Tier
• HEVC Level
• Bitrate 4K Format
• 3 Mbps - 128 Mbps
• Bit Depth
• 8 or 10-bit
• Chroma Sampling
• .875" x 7.5" x 5.0" (22.23mm x 190.5mm x 127mm)
• 0.9 lb (0.4 kg)
• Requires either PCIe bus power via graphics slot or ATX 6-pin from computer power supply
• Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degrees C (32 to 104 degrees F)
• Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 degrees C (-40 to 140 degrees F)
• Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
• Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)