AJA Ships Corvid 44 12G with 12G-SDI I/O at IBC 2019
Delivers flexible 8K and multi-channel 4K I/O for Developer Partners
September 13, 2019
Amsterdam, Netherlands, IBC Conference, Stand 7.C25 (September 13, 2019) — At IBC 2019, AJA Video Systems announced the release of Corvid 44 12G, an 8-lane PCIe 3.0 video and audio I/O platform supporting 12G-SDI I/O. Corvid 44 12G is available in ten different models, each with passive or active cooling variants, for developer form factor flexibility. Corvid 44 12G models include high-density HD-BNC connectors and are available in low profile or full height form factors, while Corvid 44 12G BNC models include full-size BNC connectors. All Corvid 44 12G cards support 8K/UltraHD2/4K/UltraHD high frame rate, deep color, HDR workflows and can also provide multiple 4K streams of input or output.
“Growing consumer appetite for ever higher quality content is prompting more professionals to deliver in 4K and 8K. Corvid 44 12G arrives at a prime time, giving Developers access to powerful I/O technology to create solutions that streamline how high resolution, deep color content is created and delivered,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
AJA’s world-class SDK helps power all Corvid 44 12G models, enabling companies to create high performance applications across macOS, Windows and Linux for demands ranging from imaging to post, broadcast and virtual production.
Corvid 44 12G feature highlights include:
- 12G-SDI I/O for 8K, UltraHD2, 4K, UltraHD, 2K, HD and SD with HFR support up to 8K 60p at YUV 10-bit 4:2:2, with support for RGB 12-bit 4:4:4 up to 8K 30p
- 4x bi-directional 12G-SDI ports and 1x Reference In
- 16-channel embedded SDI audio per 12G-SDI port
- 10-bit downstream keyer in hardware, supporting up to 4K resolution
- 8-lane PCIe 3.0 platform
- AJA SDK compatibility, offering advanced features including multi-channel 4K I/O
- Supported out of the box today, with AJA SDK v15.2 and later
- Three year warranty and support
Corvid 44 12G models include:
- Robust HD-BNC or full-size BNC connectivity
- Low-profile design option on HD-BNC models for use in workstations or compact servers
- Passive or active cooling choices
- RS-422 serial control via PCIe bracket, or header on card
- Reference/LTC input via BNC on PCIe bracket, or header on card
AJA’s SDK (Software Development Kit) enables some of the most powerful image-based products on the market today across Science, Medical, Security, Space, Military, Post Production, Broadcast, Virtual Production, Projection Mapping, eSports and more. The SDK is available to approved Developers on Windows, macOS and Linux, with the outstanding support that AJA is known for.
Pricing and Availability
All Corvid 44 12G models are now available, including full-size BNC versions for $2895 US MSRP; HD-BNC Versions with HD-BNC to BNC cables for $2995 US MSRP; and HD-BNC versions without cables for $2895 US MSRP. For more information, visit www.aja.com/products/developer/corvid-44-12g and www.aja.com/products/corvid-44-12g-bnc.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions, and professional cameras, bringing high quality, cost effective products to the professional broadcast, video and postproduction markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
Raz Public Relations, LLC