AJA Announces IPT-10G2-HDMI and IPT-10G2-SDI SMPTE ST 2110 Mini-Converters
April 8, 2019
Las Vegas, NV, NAB Conference, Stand SL2416 (April 8, 2019)—AJA Video Systems debuted the IPT-10G2-HDMI and IPT-10G2-SDI Mini-Converters, single channel IP video transmitters for bridging traditional HDMI and 3G-SDI signals to SMPTE ST 2110 for IP-based workflows. Compact, quiet and rugged, both models feature dual 10 GigE SFP+ ports for facilities relying on redundancy in critical transmission environments.
These new Mini-Converters provide a bridge from existing baseband sources to SMPTE ST 2110 infrastructure and are suited for point-of-acquisition and contribution applications, including broadcast studios, sports trucks, newsrooms, enterprise media facilities, stadiums, concerts and other live event and professional AV environments. IPT-10G2-HDMI and IPT-10G2-SDI support uncompressed HD video and audio conversion and transmission and are the complimentary products to the previously released IPR-10G2-HDMI and IPR-10G2-SDI receivers. With this release, AJA now offers a range of HDMI and SDI, IP Mini-Converters to support SMPTE ST 2110 workflows. Both models are also fully compatible with the AJA KONA IP and AJA Io IP ST 2110 modes released with the Desktop Software v15.2.
Additional IPT-10G2-HDMI and IPT-10G2-SDI features include:
- Compact, rugged, quiet fanless design
- Two 10 GigE SFP+ ports for SMPTE ST 2110 stream transmit with status light
- One 1 GigE RJ45 socket for control LAN, with status light, for setup and configuration
- Dual redundant stream transmission (SMPTE 2022-7)
- Full 10-bit pixel processing pipeline
- IPT-10G2-HDMI supports up to 1920x1080 60p, YCbCr 4:2:2, or RGB 4:4:4
- IPT-10G2-SDI supports up to 1920x1080 60p, YCbCr 4:2:2
- Up to 16 channels of embedded audio (SDI) and 8 channels (HDMI), 24-bit per channel, 48 kHz synchronous, or 2 channels of dual RCA analog audio
- NMOS for Discovery, Registration and Control (IS-04 v1.2 & IS-05 v1.0)
- Ember+ or AJA REST API for Control
- DHCP enabled at factory for easy setup and control with web browser
- One mini-USB port for quick network setup with free AJA eMini-Setup software
- SSDP & MDNS supported for network automatic device discovery
- Five-year warranty and support
“As the industry transitions towards IP-based workflows, our customers are seeking solutions to bridge existing baseband sources with evolving SMPTE ST 2110 production environments,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “With the introduction of our newest IP Mini-Converters, we continue to provide our users with futureproof technologies to streamline and simplify workflows.”
Pricing and Availability
IPT-10G2-HDMI and IPT-10G2-SDI will be available soon through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $1295 US MSRP each. For more information, visit: www.aja.com/category/mini-converters.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
Raz Public Relations, LLC