AJA Unveils FS-HDR v2.6 Update at IBC 2018
Expanded transform capabilities support emerging HDR workflow demands
September 13, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands, IBC Conference Stand 7.C25 (September 14, 2018)— AJA Video Systems today announced v2.6 firmware/software for the FS-HDR real time HDR/WCG Converter with Colorfront Engine video processing. The free update includes new color transformation enhancements that give broadcast, production, post and ProAV professionals more flexibility to accomplish new workflows and achieve a consistent, final look when working with a range of 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD, SDR and HDR formats.
FS-HDR v2.6 includes:
- Colorfront Engine support for new HDR output transforms:
- S-Log3/BT.2020 Output Dynamic Range and Gamut
- ARRI Log C Output Dynamic Range and Gamut
- Updated BBC v1.2 HLG LUTs:
- SDR Scene Referred (SR) to HLG
- SDR Display Referred (DR) to HLG
- PQ 1000 nit to HLG
- S-Log3 100% to HLG
- S-Log3 200% (SR-Live) to HLG
- HLG to SDR Display Referred (DR)
- HLG to PQ 1000 nit
- New BBC v1.2 HLG LUTs:
- SDR SR up-conversion to HLG
- SDR DR up-conversion to HLG
- PQ 4000 nit to HLG
- HLG to SDR SR
- LUT Uploads: Upload and store multiple custom 3D CUBE LUTs to FS-HDR using the web GUI, and use presets to recall. Use custom LUTs with the FS-HDR toolset to provide consistent looks with real time workflows.
- Ganged Operation of Colorfront Engine parameters with the AJA FS-HDR Control Link app: Use the free FS-HDR Control Link application to gang multiple FS-HDRs on the same network, including four FS-HDRs for 8K workflows. Easily make Colorfront Engine adjustments by implementing parameter changes to one unit that simultaneously apply to all ganged units using FS-HDR’s applications GUI or a Tangent Element kB twelve knob panel.
“HDR workflows are constantly evolving, and our goal is to provide FS-HDR users with consistent updates, based on their feedback. We designed FS-HDR v2.6 with this in mind, adding new enhancements that offer greater options to fine tune transforms,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
Pricing and Availability
FS-HDR v2.6 firmware will be available this fall as a free download from AJA’s support page. FS-HDR is currently available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $7995 US MSRP. For more information, visit www.aja.com/products/fs-hdr.
FS-HDR is a versatile 1RU, rackmount universal converter/frame synchronizer for real time HDR transforms as well as 4K/HD up/down/cross conversions. Fusing AJA’s production-proven FS frame synchronization and conversion technology with video and color space processing algorithms from the award-winning Colorfront Engine, FS-HDR matches the real time, low-latency processing and color fidelity demands that broadcast, OTT, postproduction and ProAV environments require. FS-HDR offers comprehensive signal conversion, and allows users to also convert a range of camera Log formats to HDR broadcast standards as well as to/from BT.2020/BT.709.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high quality, cost effective products to the professional broadcast, video and postproduction markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
Raz Public Relations, LLC