AJA Announces FS-HDR v2.5 Update at NAB 2018
Unveils new FS-HDR improvements that streamline live HDR production
April 9, 2018
Las Vegas, NV, NAB Conference, Stand SL2505 (April 9, 2018)—AJA Video Systems has announced v2.5 firmware with new feature enhancements for the company’s FS-HDR real time High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG) converter/frame synchronizer with Colorfront Engine™ video processing. The company also released new single and multi-mode fiber SFP options for FS-HDR and FS4.
v2.5 firmware enhances the Colorfront Engine transform algorithm with support for ITU BT.2408-0 Operational Practices in HDR Television. Additionally, the FS-HDR now supports a simultaneous 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD output mode with independent SDR/HDR controls. Newly integrated BBC Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) Look Up Tables (LUTs) provide basic, mathematical HDR transforms. Infoframe generation on the HDMI monitor output provides an easy, cost-efficient solution for local monitoring on HDR-capable displays. The release will also integrate new standardized HDR test patterns. Finally, new Tangent Element Kb panel support for remote parameter control enables real-time adjustment control over FS-HDR’s key conversion parameters.
FS-HDR v2.5 feature enhancements include:
- Colorfront Engine support for ITU BT.2408-0 Operational Practices in HDR Television Production
- Simultaneous 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD/SD dual output mode: In single-channel mode with a 4K/UltraHD input and 4K/UltraHD output, configure the SDI monitor output for SDR/BT.709, PQ/BT.2020, HLG/BT.2020 or Sony S-Log3 S-Gamut3, with these output formats and frame rates independent of the main output:
- 2K: 2048 x 1080p up to 60p
- HD: 1920 x 1080p up to 60p; 1920 x 1080PsF up to 30p; 1920x1080i 50 and 59.94; 1280x720p up to 60p
- SD: 625i 50; 525i 59.94
- BBC HLG LUTs
- Support for HLG HDR dynamic range mapping per ITU BT.2408-0
- SDR, PQ, and Sony S-Log3 to HLG
- HLG to SDR and PQ
- Colorimetry: BT.709 and BT.2020
- HDMI HDR Infoframe generation: Locally monitor HDR content on HDMI 2.0 HDR televisions or monitors. When an output is configured for PQ or HLG, FS-HDR will signal the selected HDR output format to the HDMI display.
- HDR Test Patterns: BT.2111-0 Color Bars and BT.814-3 Pluge
- Support for third party Tangent Element Kb knob-based controller for remote parameter controls
“FS-HDR is an incredibly useful tool for live HDR productions using a variety of sources and delivery formats, and our v2.5 firmware update gives customers even greater flexibility to more easily handle production demands in a single master HDR/SDR environment,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
At NAB 2018, AJA is also rolling out new SFP options for FS-HDR and FS4 frame synchronizers/converters, including:
12G-SDI Single-Mode SFP options
- FIBERLC-1RX-12G SFP 12G-SDI Single Fiber LC Receiver Single Mode 1310nm
- FIBERLC-1TX-12G SFP 12G-SDI Single Fiber LC Transmitter Single Mode 1310nm
3G-SDI Multi-Mode SFP options
- FIBERLC-1RX-MM SFP Single Fiber LC Receiver Multi-Mode 850nm
- FIBERLC-1TX-MM SFP Single Fiber LC Transmitter Multi-Mode 850nm
- FIBERLC-2RX-MM SFP Dual Fiber LC Receiver Multi-Mode 850nm
- FIBERLC-2TX-MM SFP Dual Fiber LC Transmitter Multi-Mode 850nm
Pricing and Availability
FS-HDR v2.5 firmware will be available June 2018 as a free download from AJA’s support page. FS-HDR is currently available through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $7995 US MSRP. The new SFP options are now available for the following US MSRPs: FIBERLC-1RX-12G and FIBERLC-1TX-12G SFP: $295; FIBERLC-1RX-MM and FIBERLC-1TX-MM: $295; FIBERLC-2RX-MM and FIBERLC-2TX-MM: $345. For more information, visit: www.aja.com/products/fs-hdr.
FS-HDR is a versatile 1RU, rack-mount universal converter/frame synchronizer for real time HDR transforms as well as 4K/HD up/down/cross conversions. Fusing AJA’s production-proven FS frame synchronization and conversion technology with video and color space processing algorithms from the award-winning Colorfront Engine, FS-HDR matches the real time, low-latency processing and color fidelity demands that broadcast, OTT, post production and ProAV environments require. FS-HDR offers comprehensive signal conversion, and allows users to also convert a range of camera Log formats to HDR broadcast standards as well as to/from BT.2020/BT.709.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high quality, cost effective products to the professional broadcast, video and postproduction markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
Raz Public Relations, LLC