AJA to Showcase Latest Updates to AJA Diskover Media Edition at NAB 2023
April 12, 2023
Grass Valley, CA (April 12, 2023) – AJA Video Systems today revealed new updates for its popular AJA Diskover Media Edition sustainable data management software, which will be on display April 16-19, 2023 at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Convention in Las Vegas, NV at the AJA NAB booth (W2600). Core software enhancements provide advanced security, enrich metadata with business context, bring users live insights into their data, and streamline deployment. Expanded search capabilities and new platform integrations save facilities time and afford more flexibility and coverage, while analytics improvements such as integration with the Xytech Media Operations Platform, Illegal File Name and Hash Differential Plug-ins help provide accuracy and granular data curation, offering meticulous data reporting and file naming. New popular seamless third-party platform integration is enabled via the CineSys Cineviewer Player plug-in, allowing end-users to validate media assets in a read-only environment, thus protecting source assets. A powerful, purpose-built OxAgile plug-in further streamlines arduous content delivery tasks for IMF packages.
“As the volume and size of media created continues to grow each year, cloud platforms and storage are essential to production pipelines, and the AJA team is continuously exploring how it can help customers best manage their data via regular updates to AJA Diskover Media Edition,” shared AJA President Nick Rashby. “We’re thrilled to broaden platform support and offer additional tools that customers can use to better curate, organize, and derive value from asset data.”
Key AJA Diskover Media Edition Release Highlights Include:
- OKTA Integration: Users at facilities employing OKTA SSL Authentication now benefit from enhanced security.
- Live-View Access Mode: A read-only live view of volumes lets users access content pre-indexing allowing for proactive monitoring/search and copy/paste of paths.
- Oxagile IMF Validator Plug-in: IMF packages can be scanned and validated before delivery – from any location, regardless of the data location of the IMF package.
- Xytech Media Operations Platform Order Status Plug-in: This new plug-in automates the correlation of order management and storage systems, harvesting key business contexts (i.e., order phase, status dates, account manager) from Xytech and applying them within AJA Diskover Media Edition. Users can leverage the metadata to automate workflows, curate data, monitor costs, create customized reports, and search granularly.
- CineSys CineViewer Player Plug-in: Through seamless third-party platform access via the Diskover UI, users can instantly preview and validate media assets in a web browser, regardless of where their media is stored.
- Illegal File Name Plug-in: This new plug-in helps users avoid unnecessary delays and manual processes, automatically analyzing the index of all directories and file names for illegal characters, and long filenames or file paths to proactively find potential files with names that can break applications or file systems types required in the workflow. Offending filenames and long filenames are tagged with the corresponding non-conformance and the list of illegal filenames can then be sent via email reports. The plug-in can be configured to remediate these issues with automatic renaming or character replacement.
- Hash Differential Plug-in: This new addition checksums OCF files captured onset and the corresponding transfer, which often involves a combination of tools and data movers, to its cloud destination, and validates that all files have reached their destination without corruption. It alerts users to instances where a retransfer of suspect files may be required and generates a manifest to provide assurance upon completion that all files arrived uncorrupted.
- macOS Installer: A Diskover indexer can easily be deployed on a Mac system and pointed toward the facility’s Diskover instance, allowing on-location machines to quickly index contents on-premises and in the cloud, and even offline media. Integration with on-location machines is simple with AJA Diskover Media Edition and enriches content for search, analytics, actions, and workflow features.
- Azure Blob and Dropbox Scanner Support: Users can globally view, search, report, and analyze regular and business context metadata with these supported scanners and use file actions to reduce time and complexities in their work, as well as engage the data in workflows.
- Windows Owner Plug-In: This feature enriches metadata for multiple use cases, adding the Windows file owner and primary group of each file and directory as they’re indexed.
- Offline Media Indexer: Offline media storage (Thunderbolt drives, USB drives, memory cards, etc.) containing valuable digital assets that spend most of their time offline can now be connected and scanned, and then searched, analyzed, tagged, exported, and shared. The indices of those offline devices stay persistent once the drives are disconnected and are stored/listed under a designated volume.
- Qumulo Compatibility: AJA Diskover Media Edition users can index, search, analyze, and take action on data stored within Qumulo workspaces. The Qumulo SHIFT platform enables users to trigger data movement using granular metadata, and find and tag data for movement to/from Qumulo on-premises, Qumulo Cloud, and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Commenting on the new Oxagile plug-in, Matt Pinckley, US Director of Business Development at Oxagile, shared, “We are excited to provide this service to AJA Diskover Media Edition customers, as it will help quickly cue more content creators and providers into when their content is ready to share with their distribution partner or client by meeting IMF packaging requirements. We’re confident this will save them both time and money compared to the processes currently required to validate content.”
Pricing and Availability
The latest AJA Diskover Media Edition updates are available free today to AJA Diskover Media Edition users with active licenses. AJA Diskover Media Edition is available for $11,995 US MSRP per license. For more details and pricing information about the newly supported plug-ins and Qumulo integration, please contact the respective developers (CineSys.io, OxAgile, Qumulo, and Xytech). To ensure you have access to all the latest AJA Diskover Media Edition features, visit: www.aja.com/aja-diskover-media-edition.
About AJA Diskover Media Edition
AJA Diskover Media Edition is an intuitive, sustainable data management software solution that gives users more control over media storage across an entire organization, regardless of physical location. High-speed, cutting-edge searches, cost analysis, tagging, and other sophisticated tools built into the software empower all levels of an organization to make informed data decisions, enhancing file-based production and monetization. Highly scalable, AJA Diskover Media Edition efficiently and quickly searches data fragmented across multi-platform storage, packaging all of the data in one global view. The software provides extraordinary speed and reliability with Elasticsearch in the backend continuously indexing all storage volumes in parallel. www.aja.com/aja-diskover-media-edition
About AJA Video Systems
Since 1993, AJA Video Systems has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions, and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video, and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Raz Public Relations, LLC