AJA Debuts Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R Converters
April 12, 2023
Grass Valley, CA (April 12, 2023) – AJA Video Systems today revealed Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R, two new transmitter/receiver converters for transporting and controlling low latency, professional quality 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD/VESA Dante video and audio to/from 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 devices over a 1 GigE Dante AV network. Audio and video streams from the AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R can be easily managed using the popular Dante Controller software. Building on AJA’s OG-DANTE-12GAM 12G-SDI/Dante 64-channel audio embedder/disembedder, these new devices allow AV teams, professionals who manage video distribution in a networked facility, and systems integrators to seamlessly incorporate high-quality, visually lossless video into AV-over-IP environments spanning stadiums, arenas, theaters, churches, schools, office complexes, hotels, conference rooms, and more.
Harnessing Audinate’s new Dante AV Ultra high image quality solution for standard 1 GigE networks, AJA Dante AV 4K-T converts 4K/UHD/2K/HD/VESA SDI and HDMI to Dante AV Ultra signals while Dante AV 4K-R supports conversion of Dante AV Ultra signals to 4K/UHD/2K/HD/VESA SDI and HDMI. Both devices offer unprecedented low latency and time synchronization, ensuring perfect lip sync to in-venue screens and for external broadcasts and streams.
AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R also allow AV teams to leverage existing IP infrastructure and digital AV equipment across multiple physical locations for seamless video and boardroom conferencing technology integration. Built-in networked control and flexibility make it easy to deploy and manage video walls and digital signage at a lower cost, with end-user routing to screens or speakers supported in-venue. AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R also pair well with professional baseband devices, including the AJA Ki Pro Ultra 12G and Io 4K Plus, and can be used with AJA KUMO SDI routers to easily route signals into or out of a Dante AV infrastructure.
Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R feature highlights
- Transport up to 4K/UltraHD 60p 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 video output with ultra-low latency and visually lossless quality for IMAG and a wide range of applications.
- Achieve visually stunning Dante AV Ultra video using a network-efficient, high-quality JPEG 2000 codec.
- Leverage more cost-efficient switches and existing network infrastructure via Dante AV compatibility with 1 GigE networks.
- Ensure fully time-aligned and separately routable audio and video streams.
- Compatibility with over 3500 existing Dante-enabled audio products.
- Unify audio and video control using Audinate Dante Controller software on Windows and macOS.
- Access fully validated implementation of HDCP 2.2 over IP.
- Easily control remote devices via USB HID, serial, and Infrared transport and control (IR) over IP.
- Use POE+ (25W 802.3at PoE+) or DC power (12V 4a) pack.
- 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 input (4K-T) and 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 output (4K-R).
- KVM USB and IR ports for extensive KVM capabilities.
- Analog RCA audio monitor outputs.
- Harness an extensive range of connectivity, including:
- 1x Neutrik etherCon RJ45 Connector – 1 GigE (Dante AV & POE+).
- 1x Neutrik etherCon RJ45 Connector – 1 GigE* (For future use)
- 1x 12G-SDI input (4K-T) or 1 x 12G-SDI output (4K-R): SDI: YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit only
- 1x HDMI 2.0 input (4K-T) or 1 x HDMI 2.0 output (4K-R): RGB, YCbCr, 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 8-bit, 10-bit, and 12-bit
- 8-channel embedded audio support, from SDI or HDMI input/output
- BNC Ref output (4K-T) or BNC Ref input (4K-R)
- Power: 12VDC and POE (+) on Primary Ethernet port
- 1x DB-9 RS-422/ VISCA Serial Port
- 2x USB 2.0 Type A Connector
- 1x USB-Mini Host connector
- Front LED Indicators: Power, Codec, System, Status, Sync, & HDCP
- 3.5mm IR Tx and Rx jack for IR over IP
- Complete EDID support
- HDCP on board processing**
- AJA’s 5-year warranty and world-class support.
*Secondary port should never be connected to the primary switch
**SDI does not have output when the source video is HDCP content protected.
"We are thrilled to welcome AJA into the Dante AV family,” stated Aidan Williams, CEO of Audinate. “As a world renowned leader in the video and broadcast markets, customers look to AJA for innovative, trusted products that enable IP-based workflows. The new AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R are bellwether products that will allow customers in a variety of markets, including broadcast, live events, education, and house of worship to experience all of the benefits of Dante audio with perfectly synchronized, high-quality, ultra low latency networked video using Dante AV. We look forward to continuing our partnership with AJA to continue bringing more innovative Dante AV products to market in the future.”
“Audinate has a trusted reputation for providing reliable audio over IP in live environments, making its new Dante AV Ultra protocol an attractive option for seamlessly integrating video devices to Dante audio networks. We’re thrilled to partner with them in building conversion devices to broaden access to Dante AV workflows, which will ultimately benefit the larger AV industry in its transition to IP,” shared AJA President Nick Rashby. “AJA’s Dante AV 4K-T and Dante AV 4K-R are helping set the foundation for a new ProAV IP video standard, along with delivering the ease-of-use, multi-vendor interoperability, and an integrated control experience that customers have come to expect from us.”
Pricing and Availability
AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R are available today from AJA’s worldwide network of resellers for $2495 US MSRP each. For rack mounting up to two units, the 1RU AJA IOX-RM rack mount shelf accessory is available for $120 US MSRP. For more information, visit www.aja.com/dante-av-ultra, or check out AJA’s What’s New Page. AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R will also be on display at NAB 2023 in the West Hall, booth #2600.
About AJA Video Systems
Since 1993, AJA Video Systems has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions, and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video, and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
About Audinate Group Limited
Audinate Group Limited (ASX:AD8) has a vision to pioneer the future of AV. Audinate’s award winning Dante AV over IP networking solution is the worldwide leader and used extensively in the professional live sound, commercial installation, broadcast, public address, and recording industries. Dante replaces traditional analogue cables by transmitting perfectly synchronized AV signals across large distances, to multiple locations at once, using nothing more than an Ethernet cable. Audinate is headquartered in Australia and has regional offices in the United States, United Kingdom and Hong Kong. Dante technology powers products available from hundreds of leading audio and video partners around the world. The company’s ordinary shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the ticker code AD8.
Dante and Audinate are registered trademarks of Audinate Holdings Pty Ltd. All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
Raz Public Relations, LLC