AJA Launches the FS-Mini Frame Synchronizer at IBC 2019
Device combines high quality 3G-SDI, HD and SD video frame synchronization with up, down, cross-conversion into compact Mini-Converter
September 13, 2019
Amsterdam, Netherlands, IBC Conference, Stand 7.C25 (September 13, 2019) — Today at IBC 2019 AJA Video Systems introduced the FS-Mini, a new broadcast quality utility frame sync that packs the production-proven functionality and all of the reliability of AJA’s leading FS frame sync technology into a portable Mini-Converter. FS-Mini supports frame synchronization and up, down, cross-conversion of untimed 3G-SDI, HD and SD video signals.
“From production to broadcast and live events, professionals often need devices with a smaller footprint, so we wanted to build the FS-Mini to address this need, and are incredibly excited to share it with the IBC audience this year,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
FS-Mini allows users to synchronize and convert a wide range of video formats to their house standard with a 3G-SDI input and output, HDMI output, and a two-channel RCA style audio output Mini-Converter. The device also features a reference input that can be used to lock a local reference and can be easily controlled via local DIP switches or USB and AJA's Mini-Config application.
FS-Mini feature highlights include:
- Utility frame sync function to time input signals to an external reference
- Support for bi-level and tri-level references
- Low latency processing, nominal video delay of one frame
- Freeze (on input signal loss) to black or last good frame
- High quality 10-bit video processing
- Support for 525i, 625i, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p SDI input signals
- Simultaneous SDI and HDMI outputs
- Utility frame rate conversion with support for 3:2 pulldown
- Up, down, cross-conversion between 3G-SDI, HD and SD video formats
- AFD input detection, down-convert control
- Simple configuration via a DIP switch or USB and AJA Mini-Config software
- DWP-U-R1 universal input power supply (included)
- Five year international warranty
Pricing and Availability
FS-Mini is available now through AJA’s worldwide reseller network for $695 US MSRP. For more information, visit: www.aja.com/products/fs-mini.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional broadcast, video and post production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
Raz Public Relations, LLC