AJA Releases Io 4K Plus with Thunderbolt 3 and Desktop Software v14
Simplifies 4K/UltraHD and HDR Workflows and Boosts Audio Capabilities for Postproduction Professionals
December 21, 2017
Grass Valley, Calif. (December 21, 2017)—AJA Video Systems today announced the availability of the Io 4K Plus, a Thunderbolt™ 3 capture and output device, as well as free Desktop Software v14 for its family of KONA and Io products.
Io 4K Plus
Io 4K Plus brings post production professionals flexible 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O connectivity and advanced audio. Harnessing the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 3, Io 4K Plus supports 4K/UltraHD and HD large raster, high frame rate, deep color and HDR workflows. Compatible with the latest 4K/UltraHD devices, Io 4K Plus also includes AJA’s proven conversion technology for real time, high quality scaling of 4K and UltraHD to HD for monitoring and output. In addition, it supports Adobe® Premiere® Pro, Apple® FCP X and Avid® Media Composer®, among other standard creative tools.
Io 4K Plus feature highlights include:
- Portable 4K/UltraHD and HD/SD capture and playback across Thunderbolt 3
- Backwards compatibility with Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 hosts
- 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O for 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD/SD with HFR support up to 60p at 4:2:2 (on Thunderbolt 3 hosts)
- Real time 4K/UltraHD to 2K/HD down-conversion
- 8-, 10- and 12-bit 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 over 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 workflow support (on Thunderbolt 3 hosts)
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports for easy daisy chaining of up to six Thunderbolt devices
- Audio I/O: 16-Channel embedded SDI; 8-channel embedded HDMI; 4-Channel analog audio in and 4-Channel audio out via XLR breakout
Desktop Software v14
Desktop Software v14 introduces support for Io 4K Plus, in addition to new enhancements for AJA KONA and Io products that simplify 4K/UHD and HDR workflows, and broaden audio capabilities. Providing editors with greater control and integration between timeline audio, host system application audio and microphone inputs, the release enables simple, adjustable audio mixing, monitoring and recording. Post professionals can easily review and play audio files from multiple locations – including locally stored files, or via a MAM or web browser – in project timelines, and record voiceovers to existing media on the timeline.
Desktop Software v14 feature highlights include:
- New audio controls to adjust the monitoring mix between NLE timeline audio playback, host system audio and voice over/punch-in mic input
- Ability to audition music or other audio from a web browser/MAM/cloud, while listening to playback from an Adobe Premiere Pro CC or Apple FCP X timeline
- Record voiceovers to timeline with low latency, full duplex audio punch-in with Io 4K Plus, Io 4K and KONA 4 for Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Avid Media Composer
- 12G-SDI, 6G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 I/O configuration controls for Io 4K Plus via AJA’s Control Panel and Control Room Software
Pricing and Availability
Io 4K Plus is available now for US MSRP $2495 through AJA’s worldwide reseller network. Free Desktop Software v14 can be downloaded today from AJA’s website. For more information, please visit: www.aja.com.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high quality, cost effective products to the professional broadcast, video and postproduction markets. AJA products are designed and assembled at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.
Raz Public Relations, LLC