AJA Releases Ki Pro Ultra 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD Recorder and Player with 4K at 60p support at Inter BEE 2015
November 18, 2015
Chiba, Japan, Inter BEE Conference Hall 4, Booth #4206 (November 18th, 2015)—AJA Video Systems today introduced the Ki Pro Ultra – a next generation file-based 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD video recorder and player with a built-in HD LCD monitor. Ki Pro Ultra is capable of capturing edit-ready 4K (4096 x 2160), UltraHD (3840 x 2160), 2K (2048 x 1080) and HD (1920 x 1080) Apple ProRes files. Ki Pro Ultra also supports a range of video formats and frame rates up to 4K 60p, and offers flexible input and output connectivity – including 3G-SDI, Fiber and HDMI – for powerful and efficient large-raster and high-frame rate workflows.
With a newly designed half-rack wide 2RU high form factor, Ki Pro Ultra suits a variety of production environments. It offers a wealth of analog and digital audio connectivity, via industry standard 3G-SDI, HDMI, SFP Fiber, XLR audio, and more. When using two AJA Pak1000 (1 Terabyte) SSDs, Ki Pro Ultra supports up to two hours of 4K 60p ProRes HQ recording with rollover functionality to extend that even further. An integrated HD LCD display for monitoring and playback includes transparent overlays that offer a feature rich and intuitive menu with onscreen keyboard functionality. Ki Pro Ultra also includes AJAs proven integrated web UI, for easy and complete control across a LAN from any web-browser.
“There is no other device that delivers this level of performance in such a compact footprint. Ki Pro Ultra is small and totally flexible; it functions just as beautifully on the desktop, in a rack and even comes with a handle for easy mobility,” said AJA President Nick Rashby. “Clients have been asking us to support 4K and UltraHD 60p ProRes HQ recording and the combination of Ki Pro Ultra and Pak1000 media delivers on that demand with the rugged reliability and super functional design that our Ki Pro family of products are known for.”
Ki Pro Ultra feature highlights include:
- Supports recording and playback of 4K/UltraHD resolutions up to 4K 60p.
- Apple ProRes support, including up to ProRes 4444.
- Records 4K/UltraHD and 2K/HD sources directly to reliable and affordable AJA Pak SSD media, at capacities up to 1 Terabyte.
- Extremely fast media changes and Rollover recording with twin media drive bays.
- Professional connectivity with 3G-SDI, Fiber and HDMI inputs and outputs, AES and analog XLR balanced audio, LTC, RS-422 and LAN.
- All outputs are active all the time, for massive output and monitoring capabilities.
- “Always-on” high-quality 4K/UltraHD to HD down-conversion.
- Intuitive menu structure and confidence monitoring on a built-in 4.8” 720p LCD display.
- Integrated web-based UI for complete control across the LAN on any web-browser.
- A rotary selection knob for quick, accurate adjustment of configuration and settings.
- RS-422 control for easy integration with supported editing systems and external controllers.
- Dual redundant 12V power inputs with locking 4-pin connector (one 12V power supply included).
- Standard 2RU high, 1/2 rack width, allows easy side-by-side rackmounting. Included carrying handle also allows easy portability.
- AJA 3-year international warranty and support included.
Ki Pro Ultra is available now for a US MSRP of $3,995 through AJA’s worldwide network of resellers. Ki Pro Ultra records to AJA’s robust Pak SSD-based media; Pak256 is available for a US MSRP of $495, Pak512 is available for a US MSRP of $995, Pak1000 is available for a US MSRP of $1495, and the Pak Dock is available for a US MSRP of $395 for media playback from any computer. Optional Fiber modules and two-unit rackmount shelf are also available. For more information visit www.aja.com.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of video interface technologies, converters, digital video recording solutions and professional cameras, bringing high-quality, cost-effective products to the professional, broadcast and post-production markets. AJA products are designed and manufactured at our facilities in Grass Valley, California, and sold through an extensive sales channel of resellers and systems integrators around the world. For further information, please see our website at www.aja.com.