AJA Io Express Showcased at NAB 2009
April 20, 2009
Cross Platform, Portable Audio and Video Input/Output Device Ideal for File-Based Workflows.
Las Vegas, NV, NAB Conference, Booth SL2513 (April 20, 2009)—AJA Video Systems, the leading manufacturer of professional video interface and conversion solutions, announced the Io Express, a new highly portable audio and video I/O device that’s designed for the latest file-based workflows. Io Express will be shown for the first time April 20-23 during the NAB conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center at the AJA booth SL2513.
Io Express is an ideal Mac or PC interface for video professionals looking for an inexpensive monitoring and mastering solution when working with Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), XDCAM HD, DVCPRO HD and more. Io Express bridges the computer and video worlds, providing professional I/O options to laptops such as the Apple MacBook Pro, and optionally to desktops such as the Mac Pro or HP workstations.
“So many of our customers are adopting file-based workflows and the Io Express is perfect for monitoring and mastering in those environments,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video. “The Io Express provides lots of connectivity options in a very well designed product that’s extremely portable and flexible.”
Io Express Features:
- Interfaces with MacBook Pro and Windows laptops for input/output of popular file-based formats
- HD/SD SDI input and output
- HDMI 1.3a input and output, with Deep Color support at 30 and 36 bit per pixel
- HD/SD Component video output
- 2-Channel RCA audio output
- LTC I/O (selectable LTC Input/Reference Video Input)
- RS422 machine control
- Powerful and proven KONA or XENA drivers
- Compatible with Apple Final Cut Studio, Adobe CS4, and more
- Small, highly portable case design, one rackunit tall, half rackunit wide
- 4-pin XLR power for AC or battery operation
- 3-meter PCIe tether cable
- PCIe Mac Pro / workstation interface option available
- AJA 3-year international warranty
The Io Express will be available in Q3 of 2009 for an MSRP of $995 via AJA’s worldwide network of channel partners.