AJA Announces T-TAP, Thunderbolt Power in the Palm of Your Hand
April 16, 2012
Las Vegas, NV, NAB Conference, Booth SL3305 - AJA Video Systems announced T-TAP™, a very small new bus-powered device that takes advantage of Thunderbolt™ connectivity for high-quality 10-bit SD, HD and 2K output through SDI and HDMI connections. This new adapter enables a simple, unobtrusive means of getting professional video and audio out of any Thunderbolt™ -enabled Mac system.
T-TAP provides video professionals an easy setup solution via its simple, single Thunderbolt cable connectivity for both power and data. Offering the ultimate in portability, T-TAP is lightweight and smaller than a standard mobile phone. T-TAP supports everything from SD to HD to 2K and 3D with pristine 10-bit quality, even over HDMI, and all with 8-channel embedded audio. T-TAP includes AJA's renowned Mac drivers and software for integrated compatibility with major software packages from Apple, Adobe, Avid and many more.
"T-TAP delivers uncompromised video and audio quality and tackles a range of media output needs at a very low cost," said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. "Packing a lot of power into a remarkably small form factor is what T-TAP is all about."
T-TAP Key Features:
• High-speed Thunderbolt™ connectivity
• 10-bit uncompressed 4:2:2 video and audio output
• HD/SD SDI and HDMI connectivity supports simultaneous output at incredible 10-bit quality
• 3D support on HDMI for real time stereoscopic review without requiring additional hardware
• Full 8-channel embedded audio allows for multi-channel playback
• Bus-powered via Thunderbolt™ connector so no additional power supply required
• AJA Mac driver and proven software compatibility
• Backed by AJA's quality, reliability and 3-year international warranty
T-TAP will be available soon through AJA's network of worldwide resellers for a cost of $249.00 US. For a complete set of features and technical specifications, please visit www.aja.com.
About AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Since 1993, AJA Video has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality and cost-effective digital video interface, conversion, acquisition and desktop solutions supporting the professional broadcast and post- production markets. With headquarters in Grass Valley, California, AJA maintains an extensive sales channel of dealers and systems integrators around the world. For further information visit www.aja.com.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.