Performs routine IT tasks under the direct supervision of the senior IT personnel. This includes assisting with the implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all IT systems.
- Serve as first point of contact for technical assistance.
- Perform troubleshooting and gather information on technical requests.
- Work with Employees to resolve common requests. Work with senior IT employees to solve recurring issues.
- Record resolution details in ticketing system. Follow up with employees to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Review, update, and create documentation for helpdesk and systems administration tasks.
- Stay up to date and provide accurate information on IT services available to employees.
- Escalate feedback and suggestions to IT Manager. Identify and suggest procedural or technical improvements to senior staff.
- Stay up to date and improve technical knowledge through training and research.
- Assist Senior Systems Administrators with wide range of systems administration tasks including install, debug, maintain, and upgrade software and hardware.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals and writing basic documentation.
- Strong word processing and computer database skills.
- Familiar with most operating system commands/utilities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy. Exhibit a professional, business like appearance and demeanor.
- Willingness to adhere to company policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- AA Degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a computer related field.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org