Provide administrative and accounting support to the Controller and/or other Senior Managers. Perform a variety of administrative and accounting duties to ensure the accurate and timely recording of essential company information.
- Perform moderate to difficult accounting and administrative duties under minimal supervision with the ability to research, track, reconcile and resolve problems that may occur.
- Review employee expense reports, including AJA American Express business card transactions, and related receipts for accuracy. Ensure expenses are appropriate according to company policy and IRS guidelines. Work with employees and managers to correct any errors or discrepancies. Verify or acquire managerial approval.
- Code, input and pay all expense reimbursements and miscellaneous payables.
- Maintain payment records and perform year end archiving of files.
- Adhere to month end accounting close schedule.
- Process Petty Cash transactions and maintain Petty Cash balance.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Perform account and transaction analysis upon request from Controller.
- Provide supporting documents for audits.
- Performs back-up for Receptionist/Front Desk, Order Entry, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Accounting/ERP systems processing and reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong active listening skills; reactive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines that may extend work hours.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
- Represent the Company with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Coursework in accounting highly desirable.
- Three (3) years of related experience required.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org