This position drives the direction of future products as well as increasing the profitability of existing products through a deep understanding of our industry, and connection with customers. The successful person communicates with all areas of the company and works with engineering to define product release requirements, as well as managing engineering priorities against business needs. Works with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them to understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. Serves as an evangelist for AJA products, working with the sales channel and key customers. As the internal person responsible for all technical matters on their relevant product line, assists technical support and other departments with knowledge and specifications for products. Works with key partner companies to provide ongoing product support and development.
Required Skills and Background:
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; have a big-picture vision and drive to make the vision a reality.
- Must have a strong technical understanding of product line for which one is responsible.
- Thorough understanding of the professional video marketplace and the ability to conduct competitive analysis for both existing and new products.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams from engineering, to technical support, marketing and sales.
- Must think strategically and be able to identify new products, new applications and relationships for existing products, develop new partner relationships, and help design go-to-market plans.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, demonstrated leadership qualities, and exhibit excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel globally to participate in conferences, trade shows, seminars, training programs, and visit existing and potential customers.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the broadcast/video industries in a product manager role
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org