Prepares documentation for AJA products, primarily technical documentation for end users. Works with technical staff, primarily Product Management and Engineering, to research, understand, organize and create supporting documentation for AJA products. Reports to and coordinates with Product Marketing staff to ensure the documentation is focused on the correct audience, addresses their needs and presented to customers and the industry as a whole in an appropriate and professional manner.
Required Skills and Background:
- Works with technical staff to understand AJA products and how they function in order to write supporting technical documentation.
- Works with product marketing to ensure the documentation is directed to the correct audience and is presented appropriately.
- Uses photographs, drawings, diagrams, and actual product operation to write supporting documentation that is clear and concise.
- Creates illustrations and works with Creative Services group to obtain imagery that describes products and explains operational theory.
- Co-ordinates with Creative Services to group to order and obtain photographs to illustrate mechanical assembly/disassembly of products.
- Selects the appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals and quick start guides.
- Coordinates with Marketing team to manage a shared folder of written documents, graphics templates and assets.
- Plans workload and scheduling to meet deadlines based on priorities set by Product Marketing, often including multiple simultaneous projects.
- Actively seeks the technical information required for documentation preparation.
- Plans and co-ordinates with Product Management to receive prototype units for new product introductions well enough in advance for manual production in advance of releases.
- Provides constructive feedback to Product Management for any issues discovered in the process of utilizing prototype hardware and software.
- Revise documents as new issues or changes to products arise.
- Works with AJA regulatory engineers to help ensure the documentation meets industry requirements.
- Works with AJA legal staff to help ensure the documentation meets trademark, copyright, and other legal requirements.
- Reports to Product Management staff product usability issues discovered while preparing documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience working in the video/broadcast industry or a related industry.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a technical writer or copy editor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and layout design software like Adobe InDesign or equivalent.
- Experience with Adobe RoboHelp a plus as AJA moves from PDF based to documents to online live manual distribution.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal and ability to work closely with management across the organization.
- Demonstrated detail-orientation and organizational skills.
- Familiar with a variety of engineering and marketing design tools and software programs for technical writing and documentation.
- Strong technical understanding of company’s products and their use.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org