Responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services, and managing vendors. Negotiating strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and closing deals with optimal terms. Replenishment of current inventory, removal of non-moving inventory, ensure replacement cost accuracy, and vendor/part number maintenance.
Supports Engineering for NPI and equipment requirements. Provide day-to-day supervision to employees in the purchasing department.
- Manage and develop the team of Purchasing Agents.
- Execute purchasing strategies by managing, maintaining, and improving purchasing processes and procedures to ensure the highest quality merchandise at lowest possible price is purchased.
- Negotiate and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and service.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production, distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation.
- Produce and maintain purchasing reports
- Oversee the maintenance of our parts and pricing database
- Manage material cost reduction and inventory while supporting internal customers.
- Source management; lead-time and cost reduction.
- Strategize supplier base management concepts into day to day activities
- Manage major vendor relationships, and intervene with difficult vendors.
- Work closely with our contract manufacturers and component vendors, to maintain competitive pricing, lead time and on time delivery.
- Reporting of purchasing trends, supply usage, budget actuals and contract performance
- Provide support for engineering’s component, equipment and NPI outside Manufacturing needs.
- Assist MRO procurement to support internal customers.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Strong word processing and computer database skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as MRP software.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Strong negotiating skills with extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing, and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Thorough working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes, procedures, and best practices
- Understanding of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures, and familiarity with inventory planning
- Ability to interact professionally with internal departments to quickly address their needs and concerns.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
- Represent the Company with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Adhere to Company policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- AS or AA degree, or equivalent related experience.
- Ten years of experience in electronic component procurement.
Email resumes to: email@example.com