Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day purchasing and inventory activities within assigned areas. The Purchasing Agent processes demand requisitions from the MRP system and turn those requisitions into purchase orders. This includes but is not limited to: Replenishment of current inventory, removal of non-moving inventory, return to Vendor activities, and administrative maintenance of Purchase Orders, Vendor details, component lead-time, and part numbers referencing approved suppliers to ensure replacement cost accuracy.
- Monitor stock levels, manage lead time and inventory reduction of assigned commodities.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders
- Work with Purchasing Manager, Manufacturing, and component engineering as needed to find and evaluate new suppliers, to maintain level of service and competitive pricing.
- Provide support for engineering’s component, equipment and NPI outside of Manufacturing needs.
- Manage relationships with suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts
- Resolves shipments in error with suppliers and accounts payable.
- Preparing and implementing effective negotiation tactics with guidance.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Strong word processing and computer database skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as MRP and PLM software.
- Efficient in utilizing MRP demands to support manufacturing.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Demonstrate experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Knowledge purchasing best practices, including supply chain management concepts.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Represent the Company with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in electronic component purchasing, preferably for a manufacturing company.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org