Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day purchasing and inventory activities within assigned areas. This includes but is not limited to: Replenishment of current inventory, removal of non-moving inventory, ensure replacement cost accuracy, and vendor/part number maintenance. Supports manufacturing and engineering component and equipment requirements by working with suppliers and vendors to obtain the most cost-effective purchase agreements.
- Monitor stock levels, manage lead time and inventory reduction of assigned commodities while supporting internal customers.
- Verification of purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Obtain purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Work with Manufacturing and component engineering as needed to find and evaluate new suppliers, to maintain level of service, and competitive pricing.
- Provide support for engineering’s component, equipment, and NPI outside of Manufacturing needs.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts.
- Assist MRO procurement to support internal customers.
- Resolve shipment errors with suppliers and accounts payable.
- Prepare and implement effective negotiation tactics.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Strong word processing and computer database skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as MRP software and PLM software.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
- Demonstrate experience in negotiating prices and terms and conditions.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Knowledge of data analysis and purchasing best practices.
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Willingness to adhere to Company policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of experience in electronic component purchasing.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org